25 March 2007

New Fence and more veg planted

Hello again.
I went to the Lottie again today and took my camera this time.
I think the fence looks very nice and makes the Lottie look tidy even though it isn't. Here it is from the other side of the Lottie!!! Told you it make it's look tidy!!!!!!

Anyway the broad beans are doing well and I took the other I had started in Feb down to the Lottie today. They should be doing well by the end of the month.
There are now some of the 30 Broad Bean plants in the Lottie. I tried something different with the poles and netting today. I wove the canes at the ends of the netting through the holes in the netting. I am trying this way for the first time and I will tell you how it works out. I hope it works ok as it is very easy to do and should hold all the peas.
Here is the Lottie form the road on the site. I think that it will look much better when we have the sweetcorn and the parsnips and carrots growing and the horseradish gone.
Hope to get to the Lottie again in the coming week and the 'better weather'.Looking forward to hearing from all soon.
Mim

2 comments:

Ziggywigs said...

It's coming on....it's nice to see all your hard work paying off. I like your pea supports...i'm always at a loss to know what's best to use for these....may give this idea a go myself.

mim said...

Thanks Ziggywigs
I only wove the end posts in and then used the other 2 posts as additional supports and tied them with 2 ties each. Hope this helps

mim