27 May 2007

Weeding started and stuff is growing

Hello Again

I told you all I would be back. Anyway I spent 2 1/2 hours at the Lottie weeding, Mom and my friend Lyn came and gave a hand so 80% of the weeds I wanted to move have been dealt with.

Yesterday before we weeded you could not see the 4 beds I put in 2 moths ago. Now we can see the empty spaces. They are starting to be planted up. In the foreground of the photo you can see the 3 lines of green twine tied onto the blue wool. They are only there to show where my seeds are planted. 1 row of Purple Carrots, 1 Early Nantes, and 1 row of Beetroot.
The potatoes are coming up nicely and we are going to try planting some more before it gets too late. They should then be ready for Christmas we hope.

As promised here is a better photo of the Nasturtiums. They are in full flower and looking very nice as little bit of colour until the Sweet William comes out fully. Alongside them are the lettuces and they are doing very well to compete with the weeds and 'Mare's Tails' ( The bain of our lives.)



Next we have the peas. Again they are competing with the weeds but they have grown about 2 feet since the last photos and already have peas on them. I cam considering sowing some more and see how we go towards the late summer for cropping from them. They are a pretty sight for sore eyes and look really healthy. No pea moth around them at the mo, unlike the last plot.



Whilst we were at the Lottie yesterday, we decided to harvest the Rhubarb and so Lyn decided to get the best and we caught her in the act.

Any ideas what is being said or done. All captions gratefully received.

Anyway I must go as I have a Rhubarb crumble to make.

See you all soon

Mim

3 comments:

Frankie Baby said...

How about:

"Behave, or feel the Rhubarb Wrath"

mim said...

I like that one

thanks Frankie

Anonymous said...

Or it could be;

"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain . . . . ."