24 June 2006

My FREE Potatoes and other Stuff



Hello all

Hope you are all enjoying the good weather, yesterday was quite hot and I got a little sunstroke, must remember to put on my hat next time. Anyway as you can see the weeds are gradually being moved and we can see the peas which already have pods on them. 1 week and they will be ready to eat, whilst I get ready to sow the last crop before the middle of July.

We got very few peas up this year so I thought that if I tried sowing them again we may get a second bite at the cherry as they say.

The lettuces are doing very well and some of them will be going to Somerset this week for my Aunt and Uncle to try.

Below are my free potatoes, as grown from ones left in from last year. I have only dug up three of them and you can see how many I have got. Along with the carrot thinings and a couple of stray turnips. I forgot to mark the row they were in as it pelted it down with rain and I had to take shelter and forgot to do it after the rain.
I tried Spring onions aswell and they have come up quite well until the hubby decided they were grass and tried to pull some out before I could stop him??????


So I will go now and have my Chinese take away for tea and come back later
yours
Badrill118

No comments: