29 January 2007

More info about my new plot

Hello All

I thought I would give you some more info about the new plot. It is 7 1/2 metres wide by 13 metres long in new money. But i prefer feet and inches so it is 25 ish feet wide by 42 ish feet long
The previous owners have left some veg in like carrots and they appear to be good ones, so we may have them for tea one night soon.

As you can see below we have made a start on the clearing. Not too hard a job at the moment as it is just weeds really. I have decided how I am going to divide up the largest section of the Lottie which is 24 feet x 25 feet. the other 2 sections are both 8 feet each so will be left for spuds and beans this year.

The ground in the foreground where the dry twigs are has already been dug over and weeded; when the whole plot has been weeded one of the guys on the site will rotivate the soil for me and that will make life a lot easier for me to manage. I have been and brought some seeds which I hope will last me a couple of years. That is unless I share them with other people.

Underneath the orange mound we think that there may be strawberries.

I have rhubarb and raspberry canes and a gooseberry bush at the old plot which I need to transplant to the new one.

News Of the Old Shed.

It cannot be saved; so it will be recycled and used to make me some raised beds for my parsnips and my marrow and courgette plants. That way they won't wander all over the ground and take up valuable planting space. The old Lottie is 3 times the size of the new one.

Any way I will go now as I have to sort out planting grids and the such for the new one.

Yours Doidge

No comments: