24 January 2007

My New Plot




Hello all
I thought I would take some photos of my new allotment.
As you can see it has weeds on but nothing as bad as I have had to deal with in the past. A couple of hours should clear the plot and tidy it up.
Where mom is standing is the full length of the 1/2 plot.
in the background we see the Loo ( usable by the disabled) and teaching block. You can also see the raised beds which are being used by two young men who have electric wheel chairs.
The facilities are basic, but very good.
I have 2 water stands within 20 feet of the Lottie and the toilet has a separate water supply to use if the pipes are not on.
All in all it is a much better site to be on than the last one. It is only 6 minutes walk away form home. It is a private run site and it has better facilities.
The plot is much smaller than the one I am used to but it should be more manageable for me when no-one else can come and give me a hand.
The compost heap under the new stuff on the top I am told is about 3 year's old and should be very useful for growing things in.
News of the Old Lottie
One of the older men came into work to tell me that my shed has fallen over and I need to go and get it up. Fortunately we only have a couple of chairs and the tools in there and the canes for the beans. I am intending to sort that out on Thursday after work. By Friday I am hoping to get to the old one and do a couple of hours work on it to start the clearing out the stuff we have and then we can move the rhubarb and dig out the rest of the veg.
Hope to hear from some of you soon
Doidge.

3 comments:

lilymarlene said...

That looks eminently do-able. Great! And how nice to have a loo! I have to use my shed, or go home!

Anonymous said...

Hi i look forward to your lottie up-dates!

mim said...

Thank you for your comments

mim