4 May 2006

Flowers and Onions


Hello happy lottieers.

I hope you are all well and happy digging and planting. Well the weather is not too bad today , just rain all day so no really work can be done by me, but we all need the water don't we.

Anyway my onions and garlic and shallots are doing well.

This was taken about 2 weeks ago but they are much bigger now and more of them are up. I planted both white (strukkgard I think but I will check on that) and Red (Red Baron) in the onions. The garlic, I am trying 2 different sorts, the first I will have to check on the name and the second is just a half of a fresh garlic I brought from the local shop. Just thought I would try both. The shallots have no name they were mixed sets from the local garden shop.

I have also tried to grow to flowers this year from seed or bulb. Normally I just buy the plants and then I have instant colour. I have started to grow anenomes from seed and they seem to have taken to the ground quite well.


I have also planted some freesias. I hope that these will make a lovely display over the summer and then I can pout them in the house as cut flowers.

Anyway the new scarecrow is keeping a watchful eye over the flower bed and the old one over the veg...........

In my next blog I will try to show you my very first allotment and the uphill struggle we had with that. An d how the work though very difficult was still fruitful. 3lb of spuds in and 30lb of spuds out. Not a bad return for a years hard slog and now much else to show for it.

Happy Digging All

2 comments:

bexsallotment said...

Hi Mimi.
You have digging on the brain don't you girl...QUOTE..MUCH DIGGER NOW..hehe.

keep up the good work and photos

bex

mim said...

I have corrected the mistake, but I nearly left it as bu..er

thanks bex